Details for Benchmark: RD0693
N 45° 40.933 W 123° 17.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- C 354
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
3.5 MI N FROM GLENWOOD. REACHED FROM THE POST OFFICE AT GLENWOOD GO WEST ON STATE HIGHWAY 8 FOR 0.4 MILE TO THE JUNCTION WITH THE HIGHWAY TO TIMBER, TURN RIGHT, GO NORTH FOR 3.1 MILES, LOCATED ON THE INSIDE OF A CURVE, 20 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 35 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY AND A GRADED ROAD GOING TO THE WEST, ABOUT 140 YARDS NORTH OF G. SCHMIDLIN MAIL BOX, AND 1 FOOT NORTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST. A STANDARD DISK SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST THAT IS PROJECTING ABOUT 0.5 FOOT ABOVE GROUND AND ABOUT THE SAME ELEVATION AS THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY. THIS IS 3.5 MILES SOUTH OF THE POST OFFICE AT TIMBER.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (WCC)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.