Details for Benchmark: RD1053
N 45° 13.783 W 123° 51.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TILLAMOOK county, OR View Original Datasheet
- S 210
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by ORHD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
IN HEBO. SEARCHED FOR BUT NOT RECOVERED. THE ROAD SHOULDER HAS BEEN IMPROVED AND THE MARK MAY HAVE BEEN DESTROYED. IT WAS TO HAVE BEEN AT HEBO, TILLAMOOK COUNTY, ON THE OREGON COAST HIGHWAY (U.S. 101, ABOUT 250 FEET WEST OF THE BRIDGE OVER THREE RIVERS, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE YARD, 37 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 20 FEET WEST OF A WIRE FENCE CORNER AND AT A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST. AN OREGON STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 59 S 210 1938 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1982 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1982
HEBO, ABOUT 200 FT. W. OF POST OFFICE, 65 FT. NE OF GATE INTO HIGHWAY MAINTENCE YARD, 37 FT. NW OF HIGHWAY 101, 2 FT. SE OF FENCE AND METAL USBM SIGN. OREGON STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT TABLET STAMPED ''59 S 210 1938'' AND SET IN A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1987 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION, A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 31.6 KM (19.65 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 101 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 6 IN TILLAMOOK, 76.2 M (250.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A BRIDGE SPANNING THREE RIVERS RIVER, 12.5 M (41.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 12.5 M (41.0 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A DRIVEWAY AND GATE, 1.0 M (3.3 FT) SOUTHWEST OF UTILITY POLE NUMBER 131810 A23, AND 0.8 M (2.6 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A FENCE. THE MARK IS 0.5 METERS SE FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 0.7 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (RCC)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (KRN)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.