Details for Benchmark: RD1455
N 45° 27.117 W 123° 50.850 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TILLAMOOK county, OR View Original Datasheet
- A 714
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1987 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
IN TILLAMOOK. IN TILLAMOOK, AT THE INTERSECTION OF NINTH STREET AND MANOR PLACE, IN THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE LIBERTY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LAWN, PERMISSION GIVEN BY THE MAINTENANCE DIRECTOR CLYDE ELLIS, 503-842-4415, 40.1 M (131.6 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF MANOR PLACE, 12.2 M (40.0 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE STREET, 17.0 M (55.8 FT) WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF A PARKING LOT, AND 6.3 M (20.7 FT) NORTH OF UTULITY POLE NUMBER 257211 1516. NOTE--ACCESS TO DATUM POINT IS HAD THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS 1.7 METERS E FROM A WITNESS POST AND FENCE THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.