Details for Benchmark: RD1721
N 45° 12.086 W 123° 11.942 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In YAMHILL county, OR View Original Datasheet
- MCMINNVILLE LINFIELD COLL CUP
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1941 (ANS)
LINFIELD COLLEGE IS IN THE SW PART OF MC MINNVILLE. THE FLAGPOLE IS ON TOP OF THE WHITE SQUARE TOWER OF THE RED BRICK PIONEER HALL BUILDING. THE BUILDING IS ONE OF THE OLDEST OF THE COLLEGE. THE TOP OF THE FLAGPOLE WAS INTERSECTED.
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961 (FN)
THE FLAG POLE FORMERLY ON TOP OF THE WHITE SQUARE TOWER OF THE PIONEER HALL IS NO LONGER THERE. FLAG POLE IS NOW SEVERAL FEET TO THE NORTH OF THE TOWER.
|01/01/1972 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972 (LDF)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED, HOWEVER THE FLAGPOLE IS NO LONGER ON TOP OF THE HALL. THE POINT INTERSECTED IS THE TOP CENTER OF THE CUPOLA.
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE SOUTH PART OF MC MINNVILLE AT THE LINFIELD COLLEGE.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN MC MINNVILLE.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (SMN)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.