Details for Benchmark: RD4385
N 45° 59.544 W 122° 07.841 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SKAMANIA county, WA View Original Datasheet
- SIOUXON PK LO RM
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1953 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1953
LOCATED ABOUT 6.7 MI SE. OF LEWIS RIVER RANGER STATION, 4.5 MI S. OF LEWIS RIVER. ON HIGHEST POINT OF SIOUXON PEAK.
TO REACH FROM HEMLOCK RANGER STATION IN WIND RIVER DISTRICT, FOLLOW WELL-MARKED USFS RDS. NORTHERLY TO END OF RD. AT SIOUXON PEAK. PACK W. AND S. ALONG USFS TRAIL ABOUT FIVE MINUTES TO USFS LOH ON TOP AND STATION.
STATION MARK--USFS DISK STAMPED---SIOUXON LO---, CEMENTED IN ROCK AT NORTHEAST CORNER OF LOH.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.