Details for Benchmark: RF0157
N 46° 53.900 W 068° 32.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In AROOSTOOK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- P 10
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1927 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1927
6.2 MI SE FROM WINTERVILLE STATION. 6.2 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE BANGOR AND AROOSTOOK RAILROAD FROM WINTERVILLE STATION, AROOSTOOK COUNTY, AT CULVERT A 65.21, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTHEAST HEADWALL, ON THE RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY, AND ABOUT 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 613.906 P 10 1927.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.