Details for Benchmark: RK0569
N 46° 21.160 W 087° 51.256 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARQUETTE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- PERCH LAKE NMU TV MAST
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1975 (WOM)
PERCH LAKE, NORTHERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY, TELEVISION MAST IS A TRIANGULAR STEEL STRUCTURE, GUYED, LIGHTED, PAINTED ALTERNATELY RED AND WHITE, HAS AN OVERALL HEIGHT OF 1150 FEET, AND THE STATION IS THE LIGHT ATOP THE STRUCTURE.
THE MAST IS LOCATED ABOUT 7-1/2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF REPUBLIC AND 1 MILE NORTHWEST OF TV STATION WLUC MAST.
REACHED FROM REPUBLIC BY FOLLOWING THE PERCH LAKE ROAD SOUTHEASTERLY FOR 8 MILES TO MAST ON THE LEFT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.