Details for Benchmark: RK0576
N 46° 24.012 W 087° 59.446 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARQUETTE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- REPUBLIC CCIC MICROWAVE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1975 (WOM)
REPUBLIC, CLEVELAND CLIFFS IRON COMPANY, MICROWAVE IS A TRIANGULAR STEEL STRUCTURE, GUYED, LIGHTED, PAINTED ALTERNATELY RED AND WHITE, HAS AN OVERALL HEIGHT OF 240 FEET, 2 REFLECTORS AT THE TOP, AND THE STATION IS THE LIGHT ATOP THE STRUCTURE.
IT IS LOCATED ABOUT 3/4 MILE SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF REPUBLIC ON A SMALL, BUT PROMINENT KNOLL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.