Details for Benchmark: RL0605
N 46° 45.883 W 088° 57.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ONTONAGON county, MI View Original Datasheet
- X 151
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
4.8 MI E FROM LAKE MINE. 4.8 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 35 FROM THE CROSSING OF THE COPPER RANGE RAILROAD AT LAKE MINE, AT THE SIMAR AIRPORT, 154 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF A CONCRETE CROSS AT CENTER OF FIELD, 4 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF AN IRON PIPE WIND SOCK POLE, 53 FEET NORTH OF A SNOW FENCE, 1 1/2 FEET EAST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES.
|09/15/1994 by MIDT (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1994 (BRT)
LOCATED IN SECTION 35, T-51-N, R-37-W, ABOUT 22.5 KM (14.00 MI) SOUTHEAST OF ONTONAGON, 12.9 KM (8.00 MI) NORTHEAST OF ROCKLAND AT THE SIMAR AIRPORT. TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS M-26 AND M-38, FOLLOW M-38 EAST TO A DIRT ROAD LEFT. TURN LEFT AND FOLLOW DIRT ROAD NORTH FOR 58.7 M (192.6 FT) TO STATION ON RIGHT. STATION IS 58.7 M (192.6 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 12.7 M (41.7 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE DIRT ROAD, 0.5 M (1.6 FT) EAST OF THE CARSONITE WITNESS POST, ABOUT 0.05 M (0.16 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND. NOTE--MARK DISTURBED BY CONTACT WITH HEAVY EQUIPMENT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.