Details for Benchmark: RL1428
N 46° 07.117 W 089° 50.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In VILAS county, WI View Original Datasheet
- B 212
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
19.3 KM (12.0 MI) SOUTH FROM MERCER. 19.3 KM (12.0 MI) SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 51 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTE J LEADING EAST IN MERCER, ALSO 33.0 KM (20.5 MI) NORTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 51 FROM STATE HIGHWAY 47 IN WOODRUFF, SET IN THE LAWN AND BEHIND THE OUR LADY QUEEN OF PEACE CATHOLIC CHURCH SIGN, 37.8 METERS (124.0 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 20.4 METERS (67.0 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF BIRCH HILL ROAD, 29.9 METERS (98.0 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF TWO DOORS AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE TO THE CHURCH, 38.1 METERS (125.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHERNMOST NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE CHURCH, 2.1 METERS (7.0 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE FOUNDATION SUPPORTING THE CHURCH SIGN, 1.8 METERS (6.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE FOUNDATION, AND 1.2 METERS (4.0 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTH FACE OF THE FOUNDATION. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.