Details for Benchmark: RL1462
N 46° 32.567 W 088° 09.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BARAGA county, MI View Original Datasheet
- F 328
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1985 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
15.9 KM (9.9 MI) WEST FROM CHAMPION. 15.9 KM (9.9 MI) WESTERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 28 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN CHAMPION, IN THE NORTHEASTERN 1/3 OF A 15 BY 53 FOOT EXPOSED AREA OF OUTCROPPING BEDROCK, 35.1 M (115.2 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER OF OHIO MINE ROAD, 13.4 M (44.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE OUTCROP, AND 11.9 M (39.0 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS SE FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 1.2 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
|09/20/1999 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1999
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.