Details for Benchmark: RL1605
N 46° 12.729 W 089° 04.347 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In GOGEBIC county, MI View Original Datasheet
- IMP LAKE LOOKOUT TOWER USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Z15 found RL1605
ABOUT 7 MI SE OF WATERSMEET, 1.6 MI S OF US-2, 0.5 S OF IMP LAKE IN OTTAWA NAT'S FOREST. FROM JUNCTION OF US-45, 5.45 MI SOUTHEAST TO IMP LAKE RD NO.3978, THENCE 1.6 MI SOOUTH TO WOODS ROAD RIGHT, THENCE 0.2 MI WEST TO FORK, THENCE RIGHT 0.05 MI TO END OF RD. IT IS IN THE EXACT CENTER OF 4 CONCRETE FOOTINGS OF OLD L.O.T., 1 FT E OF WITNESS POST AND FLUSH WITH GROUND.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1938
LOCATED IN NW 1/4 SEC. 16, T. 44 N., R. 38 W. STATION IS MARKED BY U.S.G.S. STANDARD TABLET STAMPED IMP LAKE 1938, SET IN CONCRETE POST AND CENTERED UNDER LOOKOUT TOWER.
|01/01/1940 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1940 (KBJ)
THE STATION IS A U.S. FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT TOWER IN THE OTTAWA NATIONAL FOREST AND IS LOCATED ABOUT 7 MILES SOUTHEAST OF WATERSMEET AND 0.5 MILE SOUTH OF IMP LAKE. THE FINIAL AT THE CENTER OF THE LOOKOUT ROOF IS THE POINT SIGHTED UPON. THE STATION WAS NOT VISITED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.