Details for Benchmark: RM0360
N 46° 53.500 W 091° 54.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ST LOUIS county, MN View Original Datasheet
- N 353
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
0.8 MI SW FROM FRENCH RIVER. 0.8 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG SCENIC DRIVE FROM THE BRIDGE OVER FRENCH RIVER IN FRENCH RIVER, 0.05 MILE SOUTHWEST OF A 6-FT. BOX CULVERT UNDER THE DRIVE, AT A PULL OFF AREA OVERLOOKING A SMALL BEACH AREA, IN TOP OF THE HIGHEST PORTION OF A ROCK AT THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE BEACH, 154 FT. SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE DRIVE, 122 FT. SOUTHWEST OF THE EXTENDED CENTERLINE OF THE GRAVEL PULLOFF ENTRANCE. THE MARK IS 43 FT SE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 10 FT BELOW THE TOP OF THE BANK.
|08/19/1992 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1992 (LJK)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|05/31/1996 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.