Details for Benchmark: RM0550
N 46° 31.833 W 091° 05.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BAYFIELD county, WI View Original Datasheet
- B 213
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
18.6 KM (11.55 MI) WEST FROM ASHLAND. 18.6 KM (11.55 MI) WEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 2 FROM THE COURTHOUSE IN ASHLAND, SET NEAR A FENCE AT A ROAD JUNCTION, 40.2 METERS (132.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 12.8 METERS (42.0 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF TOWNHALL ROAD LEADING SOUTH, 6.7 METERS (22.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF TOWNHALL ROAD LEADING EAST, 0.6 METER (2.0 FT) NORTHEAST OF A CONCRETE FENCE POST, 0.3 METER (1.0 FT) NORTH OF A FENCE. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS N FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE GRAVEL ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.