Details for Benchmark: RM0600
N 46° 29.617 W 090° 21.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In IRON county, WI View Original Datasheet
- R 208
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
4.8 KM (3.0 MI) EAST FROM SAXON. 4.8 KM (3.0 MI) EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 2 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 122 WHICH IS LOCATED JUST NORTH OF SAXON, AT A POWERLINE POLE BETWEEN THE HIGHWAY AND A HOUSE, 23.0 METERS (75.5 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 8.7 METERS (28.5 FT) EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE TELEPHONE BOX, 15.6 METERS (51.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE HOUSE, AND 0.6 METER (2.0 FT) WEST OF THE POWERLINE POLE. THE MARK IS 0.6 METERS E FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1.3 M BELOW HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.