Details for Benchmark: RM0760
N 46° 57.763 W 090° 51.786 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BAYFIELD county, WI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- traverse station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1902 by USLS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US LAKE SURVEY 1902
COPPER BOLT CEMENTED IN A LARGE FLAT SAND STONE 6 FT FROM WATERS EDGE ON THE MOST NORTHERLY PART OF DETOUR POINT. STATION IS MARKED U.S. 1902. IT IS 100 FT E. OF A LOG ROLLWAY AND 25 FT FROM FOOT OF BANK AND ABOUT OPPOSITE THE S. END OF YORK ISLAND. NO REFERENCE TREES OR ROCKS WERE MARKED. THERE IS AN OLD LUMBER CAMP 2000 FT W. ON TOP OF BANK AND ANOTHER CAMP 4000 FT E. IN THE MOUTH OF A LARGE RAVINE. USLS POST. THIS POSITION BY USGS.
|01/01/1963 by USLS (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US LAKE SURVEY 1963
REPORTED DISTURBED 8 - 28 - 63.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1999. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.