Details for Benchmark: RN0812
N 46° 30.267 W 092° 40.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CARLTON county, MN View Original Datasheet
- 0980 L
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Reipod found RN0812
Found this one along with SKELTON RM 2, which seem to share the same disc.
See http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=RN1668 for the other designation.
Located in the southeastern abutment of the County Road 6 bridge over 35 in Barnum Minnesota.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by MNDT (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1971 by MNDT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1971
IN BARNUM. MARK IS LOCATED AT THE JUNCTION OF FAI 35 AND COUNTY ROAD 6 AT BARNUM, IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF BRIDGE NO. 09820, COUNTY ROAD 6 OVER FAI 35 AT MILE POINT 220.6. NW 1/4 SECTION 6, T 46 N, R 18W.
|08/24/1992 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1992 (LJK)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.