Details for Benchmark: RN1668
N 46° 30.318 W 092° 40.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CARLTON county, MN View Original Datasheet
- SKELTON RM 2
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Reipod found RN1668
Strangely enough this is stamped with two different designations.
This find is for SKELTON RM 2.
See http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.aspx?PID=RN0812 for other designation.
[Photos:]SKELTON RM 2
Located in the southeastern abutment of the County Road 6 bridge over 35 in Barnum Minnesota.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by MNHD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MN HIGHWAY DEPT 1969
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 0.5 MILE NORTHEAST OF THE TOWN OF BARNUM, IN THE SW 1/4, SECTION 31, T47N, R18W ON THE EAST R/W OF F.A.I. 35.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2, A STANDARD MHD BENCH MARK DISK STAMPED SKELTON NO. 2 1969, IS SET IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER ABUTMENT OF BRIDGE (NO. 09820). COUNTY ROAD NO. 6 OVER F.A.I. 35.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.