Details for Benchmark: RN1699
N 46° 41.289 W 092° 11.288 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ST LOUIS county, MN View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by USE (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US ENGINEERS 1988
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE NORTH END OF SPIRIT ISLAND AND CAN ONLY BE REACHED BY BOAT. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE BONG MEMORIAL BRIDGE (US ROUTE 2) OVER THE ST LOUIS RIVER, CONTINUE SOUTHWESTERLY DOWN THE RIVER FOR APPROXIMATELY 7.6 KM (4.70 MI) TO SPIRIT ISLAND. FROM THE NORTH SIDE OF THE ISLAND PACK UP HILL TO THE TOP OF THE BANK AND THE STATION. THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 12 M (39.4 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTHBANK, 9.94 M (32.6 FT) NORTHEAST OF AN IRON PIN, AND 8.41 M (27.6 FT) DIRECTLY NORTH OF ANOTHER IRON PIN. THE STATION IS A U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS BRONZE DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 18 X 15 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT. THE MONUMENT IS APPROXIMATELY0.6 M ABOVE THE GROUND LEVEL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.