Details for Benchmark: RO0841
N 46° 21.463 W 094° 14.684 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERT ANG and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CROW WING county, MN View Original Datasheet
- LAMP AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1976 by MNDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1976 (DKH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE SE 1/4 OF SECTION 6, T 133N, R 28W, ABOUT 2 MILES WEST OF THE CITY OF BRAINERD, ON TRUNK HIGHWAY 371 RIGHT-OF-WAY AT MILEPOST 32.9.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF TRUNK HIGHWAY 210 AND TRUNK HIGHWAY 371, WEST OF BRAINERD (IN BAXTER), GO NORTH ON TRUNK HIGHWAY 371 FOR 0.4 MILE TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT.
THE STATION DISKS ARE STANDARD MNHD AZIMUTH MARK DISKS STAMPED LAMP 1976. THE SURFACE STATION DISK IS SET IN A 12 INCH ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT AND IS BURIED 0.1 FOOT BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. THE MARK IS 12.5 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE FRONTAGE ROAD, 47.5 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTHBOUND LANE OF TRUNK HIGHWAY 371, 25.0 FEET EAST OF A TELEPHONE CABLE MARKER POST, 75.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE ENTRANCE TO C.C. HILDEBRANDT, AND 6.1 FEET WEST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST. THE UNDERGROUND STATION DISK IS SET IN AN IRREGULAR MASS OF CONCRETE 4.5 FEET BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
STEEL PLACED IN THE CONCRETE MAKES THE MARKS MAGNETIC.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.66 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by vertical angle observations.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.