Details for Benchmark: RW0475
N 46° 59.847 W 111° 05.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MEAGHER county, MT View Original Datasheet
- MONUMENT PK LOOKOUT TOWER
- Marker Type:
- lookout tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961 (JCC)
THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE BASE OF THE LOOKOUT TOWER. IT IS A FOUR LEGGED WOODEN STRUCTURE SUPPORTING AN OBSERVATION CABIN AND IS 60 FEET HIGH. IT IS ON MONUMENT PEAK, ABOUT 25 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF STOCKETT, 17-1/2 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF NEIHART AND 14 MILES SOUTHWEST OF MONARCH.
THE DISTANCE WAS MEASURED WITH A 30 METER STEEL TAPE AND THE DISTANCE IS 45.31 FEET OR 13.809 METERS NORTH-NORTHWEST OF TRIANGULATION STATION MONUMENT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.