Details for Benchmark: RW0549
N 46° 56.433 W 111° 53.147 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LEWIS AND CLARK county, MT View Original Datasheet
- WILLOW CREEK
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1891 by MORC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MISSOURI RIVER COMMISSION 1891
WILLOW CREEK IS ON RIGHT BANK, ON A VERY HIGH RIDGE RUNNING N. AND S. BETWEEN WILLOW CREEK AND COTTONWOOD CREEK, AND 4-1/2 MI. BACK FROM RIVER. TRIANGULATION STATION IS NOT ON HIGHEST PART OF HILL, BUT ON A GRASSY SPOT 40 FT. IN FRONT OF A ROCKY RIDGE 15 FT. HIGHER THAN STATION.
STATION MARK--COPPER BOLT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.