Details for Benchmark: RX0901
N 46° 08.493 W 112° 19.561 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JEFFERSON county, MT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1952
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2.0 MI. (AIR) SE. OF ELK PARK INN IN JEFFERSON COUNTY, NEAR SECTION LINE BETWEEN SECS. 34 AND 35, T 5 N, R 6 W. STATION IS ABOUT 40 FT. E. BY NE. OF THE HAYSTACK MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT TOWER.
TO REACH STATION FROM ELK PARK INN ON HIGHWAY U.S. 91, PROCEED 0.6 MI. ON HIGHWAY U.S. 91 TOWARD BOULDER, MONTANA, TO SIGN POST --HAYSTACK MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT ROAD--. TURN RIGHT (E.) THROUGH DRIFT FENCE AND PROCEED 1.3 MI. TO END OF RD. AT CREEK. STATION IS A 3 HOUR PACK FROM THIS POINT OVER HAYSTACK MOUNTAIN TRAIL TO LOOKOUT STATION. STATION MARK IS ABOUT 40 FT. E. BY NE. OF THE NE. CORNER OF THE HAYSTACK MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT TOWER. THE EAVES OF THE LOOKOUT TOWER ARE 12.0 FT. FROM THE STATION MARK.
LOOKOUT TOWER SETS ON GROUND. STATION MARK UNDER TOWER SEARCHED FOR BUT NOT FOUND. LOOKOUT TOWER WAS NOT USED AS SIGNAL.
NOTE BY GEODETIC UNIT--USFS DESCRIPTION OF --HAYSTACK L.O.-- DOES NOT MENTION A TABLET UNDER THE TOWER.
STATION MARK--A STANDARD USGS TABLET, MARKED ---HAYSTACK - 1952---, SET IN LARGE GRANITE BOULDER, STAMPED ---8820.8---.
|01/01/1952 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.