Details for Benchmark: RX0963
N 46° 57.958 W 113° 00.499 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In POWELL county, MT View Original Datasheet
- BROWNS LAKE
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956 (WFD)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 200 YARDS NORTHWEST OF BROWNS LAKE, ABOUT 16 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF DRUMMOND, AND 15.5 MILES WEST OF LINCOLN. THE MARK IS A STANDARD U.S. FOREST SERVICE DISK WELDED TO THE TOP OF A 1-1/2 INCH COPPER PIPE. THE MARK PROJECTS ABOUT 10 INCHES, AND THE DISK IS STAMPED BROWNS LAKE 1956.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE TOP OF A 12 FOOT TARGET.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.