Details for Benchmark: RX0987
N 46° 17.943 W 113° 52.320 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In RAVALLI county, MT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1965 by USFS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US FOREST SERVICE 1965
STATION IS LOCATED ON THE DOUBLE ROCKY TOP OF A DIVIDING RIDGE BETWEEN WILLOW CREEK AND BURNT FORK LAKE WHICH IS APPROXIMATELY 14 MILES DUE EAST OF CORVALLIS, MONTANA
ROUTE TO STATION--TO REACH STATION FROM CORVALLIS PROCEED UP WILLOW CREEK TO THE END OF ROAD THENCE BY TRAIL APPROXIMATELY 2 MILES ABOVE OLD SAWMILL WHERE TRAIL FORKS. TAKE THE LEFT HAND FORK OF TRAIL TO SUMMIT AND STATION.
STATION MARK--A STANDARD USDA FOREST SERVICE BRASS CAP IN ROCK NORTHEAST OF OLD L.O.T.
REFERENCE MARK--2 STANDARD USDA FOREST SERVICE BRASS CAPS, SET IN ROCKS STAMPED R.M. 1 AND R.M. 2.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.