Details for Benchmark: RX1016
N 46° 30.198 W 113° 52.914 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In RAVALLI county, MT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1957 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1957
STATION IS LOCATED IN THE SE. CORNER OF SEC. 29, T 9 N, R 18 W, APPROXIMATELY 10 MI. E. OF STEVENSVILLE AND 13 MI. SE. OF FLORENCE, ON THE W. SLOPE OF THE BITTERROOT DIVIDE AT THE HEAD OF SLOCUM CREEK AND AMBROSE CREEKS.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM STEVENSVILLE, MONTANA, GO S. ON MAIN STREET 0.7 MI. TO T-RD. E. (BURNT FORK ROAD), LEFT 7.2 MI. TO T-RD. LEFT (SLOCUM CREEK ROAD), LEFT 0.9 MI. TO RD. FORK, RIGHT 0.9 MI. TO ANOTHER RD. FORK, LEFT 0.6 MI. TO RD. FORK, LEFT 0.9 MI. TO A RD. FORK, RIGHT 1.3 MI. TO A RD. FORK, LEFT 0.4 MI. TO THE END OF THE LOGGING RD. NOW PROCEED ON TRAIL THRU TREES .15 MI. S. TO TOP OF RIDGE OF HILL AND STATION MARK.
STATION MARK IS 1010 FT. E. OF A LOGGING TRAIL, 590 FT. UPHILL AND N. OF MAIN LOGGING RD., 410 FT. FROM THE END OF THE LOGGING TRAIL N.
A 36 FT. WOODEN TOWER WAS BUILT TO CLEAR ALL STATIONS THROUGH LODGE POLE PINE TIMBER. A ROCK PILE IS COLLECTED ON TOP OF THE STATION MARK.
STATION MARK--A STANDARD TABLET CEMENTED IN THE TOP OF A BURIED ROCK FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, STAMPED---AMBROSE 1957---.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.