Details for Benchmark: RX1057
N 46° 22.936 W 113° 21.831 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In GRANITE county, MT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1989 by BLM (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT 1989
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 6 MI (9.7 KM) NORTHWEST OF PHILLIPSBURG, 3 MI (4.8 KM) WEST OF STATE HIGHWAY 43 AND ALONG THE NORTH EDGE OF A ROAD THAT IS GRAVELED WITH LAVA ROCK. THE STATION IS ON FEDERAL PROPERTY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 43 AND 348, WHICH IS IN THE NORTH EDGE OF PHILLIPSBURG, GO NORTH ON STATE HIGHWAY 43 FOR 1.85 MI (2.98 KM) TO A ROAD LEFT. TURN LEFT, NORTHWEST, ON A GRAVEL ROAD FOR 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO A BRIDGE OVER A STREAM. CONTINUE AHEAD, WEST, ON THE GRAVELED ROAD FOR 2.8 MI (4.5 KM) TO A CATTLE GUARD AT A LEFT CURVE IN THE ROAD AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT JUST AFTER THE CURVE. THE STATION IS ABOUT 1.0 M (3.3 FT) HIGHER THAN THE ROAD. THE STATION MARK IS A BLM BRONZE DISK, STAMPED---HORIZONTAL CONTROL GINA 1989---, SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN BEDROCK. IT IS 200 M (656.2 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE APEX OF THE CURVE IN THE ROAD AND 25.0 M (82.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE ROAD.
|01/13/1994 by (GOOD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|07/30/1994 by MTDOT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MONTANA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1994 (DRD)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1994.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.