Details for Benchmark: RY1033
N 46° 48.931 W 114° 11.215 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MISSOULA county, MT View Original Datasheet
- BLUE MTN ET
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1962
THIS STATION ORIGINALLY ESTABLISHED BY ARTHUR STILES IN 1908 AS THE REFERENCE MARK TO A SIGNAL TREE WHICH AT THAT TIME WAS THE STATION MARK.
NEW DESCRIPTION BY USGS, 1962
STATION LOCATED ON BLUE MTN., IN T 12 N, R 21 W, ABOUT 13 (AIRLINE) MI. SW. OF MISSOULA. IT IS ON THE DIVIDE BETWEEN LOLO AND OBRIEN CREEKS AND IN THE CENTER OF THE USFS BLUE MTN. LOOKOUT TOWER.
TO REACH STATION FROM MISSOULA POST OFFICE, GO S. ON U.S. HIGHWAY 93, 5.7 MI. TO COUNTY ROAD ON THE RIGHT, TURN RIGHT 0.6 MI. TO T-RD. N., CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD, W., 7.7 MI. ON MAIN TRAVELED RD. TO LOOKOUT TOWER AND STATION. THE LAST 3/4 MI. IS A JEEP RD., BUT CAN BE DRIVEN WITH A 3/4 TON TRUCK.
STATION MARK--STANDARD ALUMINUM TABLET CEMENTED IN SOLID ROCK, FLUSH WITH GROUND. STAMPED---BLUE MTN. E.T. 1962 6435---. STAMPING --BLUE MTN. ET 1962-- ADDED TO ORIGINAL STAMPING --6435--.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.