Details for Benchmark: RZ0917
N 46° 27.733 W 117° 01.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEZ PERCE county, ID View Original Datasheet
- V 304 IDDT
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by IDDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1946
6.6 MI S FROM UNIONTOWN, WA. 5.0 MILES SOUTH ALONG U. S. HIGHWAY 195 FROM THE COMMUNITY BUILDING AT UNIONTOWN, THENCE 1.6 MILES SOUTH ALONG U. S. HIGHWAY 95, AT THE NORTHWEST END OF A SHARP CURVE, 43 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 0.4 FOOT NORTHEAST OF A FENCE, 2.3 FEET NORTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.6 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1946 by NGS (GOOD)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
BENCH MARK RECOVERED ON THIS DATE AS PREVIOUSLY DESCRIBED. NOTE-MARK NOT LEVELED TO THIS SURVEY DUE TO INACCESSABILITY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.