Details for Benchmark: RZ0923
N 46° 27.300 W 117° 00.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEZ PERCE county, ID View Original Datasheet
- E 305
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946
6.0 MI N FROM LEWISTON. 6.0 MILES NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY NO. 95 FROM THE COUNTY COURT HOUSE AT LEWISTON, SET IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK, 29 FEET WEST OF CENTER-LINE OF HIGHWAY, 13 FEET EAST OF RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, ABOUT 6 FEET ABOVE ROAD LEVEL. BRONZE BENCH MARK DISK.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
8.3 KILOMETERS (5.15 MILES) NORTH ALONG OLD U.S. HIGHWAY 95 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 12 IN LEWISTON, ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE EAST END OF A HIGHWAY S CURVE, ACROSS THE HIGHWAY FROM A CURVE SIGN, SET IN TOP OF A ROCK OUTCROP, 8.8 METERS (29.0 FEET) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 5.5 METERS (18.0 FEET) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A SMALL ROCK DRAW, 4.0 METERS (13.0 FEET) SOUTH OF A BARBED WIRE FENCE LINE. THE MARK IS 06 METERS E FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1.8 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.