Details for Benchmark: RZ1080
N 46° 29.817 W 117° 00.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEZ PERCE county, ID View Original Datasheet
- Y 346
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
5.9 MI SW FROM GENESEE. 1.8 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE OLD U.S. HIGHWAY FROM THE NORTHERN PACIFIC RAILWAY STATION AT GENESEE, THENCE 4.1 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U. S. HIGHWAY 95, 329 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE DRIVEWAY LEADING TO A RANCHHOUSE, 38 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 25 FEET NORTH OF AN 8-INCH PINE TREE, 1.7 FEET WEST OF A FENCE, 1.7 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
BENCH MARK RECOVERED ON THIS DATE AS PREVIOUSLY DESCRIBED. NOTE-ADD 0.2 KILOMETER (0.1 MILE) NORTHEAST OF HIGHWAY MILEPOST 333.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.