Details for Benchmark: RZ1552
N 46° 35.944 W 117° 02.384 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LATAH county, ID View Original Datasheet
- BOUNDARY POST 12 1933
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (FGJ)
THE MARK IS A TABLET SET IN AN IRON PIPE.
TO REACH FROM MOSCOW, GO SOUTH ON U.S. HIGHWAY 95, 8.6 MILES TO A SIGNBOARD UNIONTOWN 8 MI., TURN RIGHT HERE, 1.3 MILES (PASSING CHURCH JUST BEFORE REACHING TURN) TURN RIGHT ON SECONDARY ROAD, GO 1.6 MILES AND TURN RIGHT, GO 0.4 MILE TO MR. A.B. SIMPSONS GATE. AT THIS POINT MR. SIMPSONS HOUSE SETS ON THE RIGHT OF THE ROAD AND HIS BARN ON THE LEFT. GO THROUGH THE BARNYARD, ASCEND THE RIDGE BACK OF THE BARN ABOUT 1/4 MILE TO STATION WHICH IS IN THE FENCE LINE, APPROXIMATELY 100 YARDS NORTH OF THE EAST AND WEST FENCE THAT BOUNDS THE FIELD.
NO REFERENCE MARKS WERE ESTABLISHED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.