Details for Benchmark: RZ1674
N 46° 12.178 W 117° 34.510 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In GARFIELD county, WA View Original Datasheet
- CLEARWATER LOT USFS 1936
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1936 by USFS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US FOREST SERVICE 1936
THIS OCCUPIED STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE U.S.F.S. LOOKOUT TOWER, A 90-FOOT STEEL STRUCTURE, SITUATED ABOUT 28 MILES S OF POMEROY AND 0.5 MILE NW OF CLEARWATER RANGER STATION.
STATION MARK IS A DISK SET IN A BURIED BOULDER UNDER THE EXACT CENTER OF THE TOWER.
TO REACH FROM POMEROY, DRIVE S 28 MILES ON CLEARWATER ROAD TO LOOKOUT, WHICH IS ABOUT 300 FEET W OF JUNCTION OF CLEARWATER AND IRON SPRINGS ROADS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.