Details for Benchmark: RZ1783
N 46° 28.673 W 116° 14.628 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CLEARWATER county, ID View Original Datasheet
- OROFINO RADIO STA KLER MAST
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (OSR)
THE STATION IS THE TOP OF THE MAST. IT IS LOCATED ON A LOW PROMINENT RIDGE ABOUT 1/2 MILE EAST OF THE CENTER OF OROFINO. IT IS A THREE-LEGGED LACED STEEL MAST, PAINTED ALTERNATELY RED AND WHITE, WITH AN OVERALL HEIGHT OF 250 FEET, AND A FLASHING RED LIGHT ON TOP.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.