Details for Benchmark: SB0975
N 46° 30.823 W 121° 12.587 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In YAKIMA county, WA View Original Datasheet
- DARLIN 1946 RM 2
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by USFS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US FOREST SERVICE 1946
LOCATED ON DARLIN MOUNTAIN ABOUT 8 MILES WEST OF THE AHTANUM CREEK GUARD STATION. IT IS 12 FEET SOUTHWEST FROM THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF BUNK HOUSE AND 33.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST LEG OF THE LOOKOUT. IT IS STAMPED DARLIN 1946 AND PROJECTS 4 INCHES.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2 IS A USFS BRONZE DISK CENTERED UNDER THE LOOKOUT AND SET IN A BOULDER FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS STAMPED DARLAND L O 1938.
TO REACH STATION DARLIN FROM THE AHTANUM CREEK GUARD STATION TAKE THE DARLAND MOUNTAIN ROAD FOR 6 MILES TO A FORK AND SIGN DARLAND MTN. TAKE RIGHT FORK 5 MILES TO TOP OF DARLAND MTN. AND THE STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.