Details for Benchmark: SB0982
N 46° 47.699 W 121° 15.349 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In YAKIMA county, WA View Original Datasheet
- MT AIZ LOOKOUT
- Marker Type:
- lookout tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946 (EBB)
ABOUT 12 MILES NORTH OF THE TIETON RESERVOIR, ABOUT 7 MILES EAST OF THE BUMPING RIVER AND ON THE SUMMIT OF MT. AIX IN THE RATTLESNAKE GAME PRESERVE.
THE STATION IS THE APEX OF THE ROOF OF THE FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT TOWER. IT IS ABOUT 20 FEET IN HEIGHT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.