Details for Benchmark: SB1030
N 46° 42.371 W 121° 39.879 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LEWIS county, WA View Original Datasheet
- TATOOSH LOOKOUT USFS 1946
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by USFS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US FOREST SERVICE 1946 (JTJ)
LOCATED BY DISTANCE AND DIRECTION.
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 10 MILES AIRLINE NORTH OF PACKWOOD ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF TATOOSH RIDGE, ABOUT 1-1/2 FEET EAST OF THE TATOOSH LOOKOUT HOUSE OF THE COLUMBIA NATIONAL FOREST.
THE MARK IS A STANDARD BRONZE FOREST SERVICE DISK SET IN A BURIED BOULDER FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE. STAMPED TATOOSH L O 1939.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.