Details for Benchmark: SB1133
N 46° 58.050 W 120° 57.177 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KITTITAS county, WA View Original Datasheet
- BALD MTN LO 2
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1957 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1957
LOCATED 19.5 MI WSW. OF ELLENSBURG, 15.8 MI S. OF CLE ELUM, ON PARTIALLY BALD TOP KNOWN AS BALD MTN.
TO REACH FROM NACHES, FOLLOW U.S. HWY. 410 18.1 MI NW. TO GRADED DIRT RD. LEADING UPHILL TO RIGHT, TURN RIGHT FOLLOWING GRADED RD. 1.7 MI TO RD. FORK. TAKE LEFT FORK 2.3 MI TO RD. FORK NEAR SUMMIT, TURN LEFT 3.1 MI TO RD. FORK, TAKE LEFT FORK 1.9 MI TO RD. FORK JUST N. OF CATTLEGUARD, TAKE LEFT FORK 2.7 MI TO RD, FORK, TAKE RIGHT FORK 0.7 MI TO USFS LOT AND STATION.
NOTE--THE USFS STATION BALD MTN L O WAS ABOUT 35 FT. NNW. OF NEW STATION BUT LOCATION OF LO WAS MOVED TO LOCATION OF NEW STATION BALD MTN L O 2.
STATION MARK--RR. SPIKE IN CAIRN UNDER CENTER OF USFS LOT.
RM 1--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER STAMPED---1---, CEMENTED IN TOP OF CONCRETE PIER ABOUT FLUSH WITH GROUND.
RM 2--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER STAMPED---2---, IN CENTER OF TRIANGULAR BLAZE ON WEST SIDE OF 15-INCH PINE TREE.
|01/01/1971 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1971
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY USGS IN 1957.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.