Details for Benchmark: SB1143
N 46° 56.027 W 121° 40.527 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PIERCE county, WA View Original Datasheet
- FREMONT LO
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||turtle daddy marked SB1143 as destroyed
Searched all over the top and could only find drill hole where the benchmark USED to be. Cursed vandals.
This entry was edited by turtle daddy on Sunday, 01 February 2015 at 22:09:44 UTC.
This is located at the given coordinates. Looks like this one is MIA.
||hydnsek posted a note for SB1143
Visited Fremont Lookout today. Unclear whether the benchmark is the lookout building or a separate marker, so not logging a find.
[This entry was edited by hydnsek on Monday, September 03, 2007 at 8:39:53 PM.]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1971 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1971
LOCATED ABOUT 8 MI NE. OF MT. RAINIER, ABOUT 2.0 MI NW. OF SUNRISE LODGE, ABOUT 1 MI N. OF FROZEN LAKE, ABOUT 15 FT W. OF SMALL TOP.
REACHED BY HELICOPTER.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---FREMONT LO---.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.