Details for Benchmark: SB1157
N 46° 38.051 W 121° 19.854 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In YAKIMA county, WA View Original Datasheet
- ROUND MTN
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1961
LOCATED ABOUT 16 MI W. OF PACKWOOD, 2.5 MI E. OF WHITE PASS. ON ROUND MOUNTAIN AT LOT, ON HIGHEST POINT OF HILL.
SEE 1966 RECOVERY FOR TO REACH. REACHED BY HELICOPTER.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---ROUND MTN 1961---, CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN BURIED ROCK CENTERED UNDER LOT.
RM 1--STANDARD RM TABLET STAMPED---RM NO 1 1961---, CEMENTED INTO SOUTHWEST CORNER CONCRETE FOUNDATION OF LOT.
RM 2--STANDARD RM TABLET CEMENTED INTO NORTHWEST CORNER CONCRETE FOUNDATION OF LOT.
|01/01/1966 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1966
DESCRIBED BY USGS IN 1961. STATION MARK FOUND DESTROYED.
TO REACH FROM TIETON, DRIVE 9.8 MI W. ON STATE HWY. 14 TO TIETON RD. TURN LEFT ON TIETON RD. 2.9 MI TO T-RD. TURN RIGHT ON FOREST SERVICE RD. 0130 4.4 MI TO END OF RD. AND TRAIL TO ROUND MTN. LOT. ABOUT 1-1/2 HOUR PACK FROM HERE, BUT 4-WHEEL DRIVE CAN BE WORKED PAST END OF RD. THROUGH OLD LOGGING WORKS TO WITHIN ABOUT 40 MINUTES OF STATION.
STATION MARK--DRILL HOLE AT CENTER OF LOT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.