Details for Benchmark: SB1369
N 46° 08.287 W 121° 43.673 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SKAMANIA county, WA View Original Datasheet
- STEAMBOAT MTN LO RM
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1970 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1970
LOCATED ABOUT 13 MI NW. OF TROUT LAKE, ABOUT 10 MI SW. OF COUNCIL LAKE, ABOUT 2 MI NE. OF BIG MOSQUITO LAKE. AT SOUTHERNMOST AND HIGHEST POINT OF STEAMBOAT MOUNTAIN.
TO REACH FROM TILLICUM CAMPGROUND NEAR WEST END OF TWIN BUTTES, DRIVE N. AND E. ALONG USFS RD. 123 ABOUT 2.3 MI TO Y-RD. FORK. TAKE LEFT FORK ABOUT 0.9 MI TO RD. AND TRAIL FORK JUST W. OF LARGE GRAVEL PIT AND END OF TRUCK TRAVEL. PACK UP TRAIL NORTHERLY ABOUT 0.5 MI TO TOP OF RIDGE. THENCE 0.1 MI S. TO SUMMIT OF MTN. AND STATION.
STATION MARK--USDA FS BRASS CAP STAMPED---STEAMBOAT MT LO RM 1937---, ON TOP OF 3-1/2 INCH PIPE PROJECTING 0.1 FT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1994.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.