Details for Benchmark: SC2586
N 46° 58.515 W 123° 49.006 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In GRAYS HARBOR county, WA View Original Datasheet
- BECKER 1940
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1940 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1940 (CP)
ON THE ROOF OF THE BECKER BUILDING AT THE CORNER OF SOUTH I AND WISHKAH STREETS, IN DOWNTOWN ABERDEEN, WASHINGTON. THE STATION IS IN THE 5 METER SQUARE SECTION OF THE ROOF OVER THE ELEVATOR SHAFT, SURROUNDED BY A 2-FOOT PARAPET COVERED WITH RED TILE.
THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF A 4-INCH SOIL PIPE PROJECTING 8 INCHES ABOVE THE ROOF, 2.33 METERS N OF THE S PARAPET WALL, 1.08 METERS W OF THE E PARAPET WALL, 290 METERS S OF THE N PARAPET WALL, AND 4.01 METERS E OF THE W PARAPET WALL. THIS PART OF THE ROOF IS ALSO THE HIGHEST PART OF THE ROOF. THE STATION CAN BE EASILY REACHED BY MAKING ARRANGEMENTS WITH THE BUILDING SUPERINTENDENT FOR OCCUPYING THE STATION. HIS OFFICE IS ROOM NUMBER 501.
NO STATION OR REFERENCE MARKS ESTABLISHED AS THE STATION IS A ROOF STATION.
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952 (CWC)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY C.P. IN 1940 EXCEPT THAT THE BUILDING SUPERINTENDENTS OFFICE IS NOW IN ROOM 624, AND TANK, WATER, HILL, NO. 41 HAS BEEN DESTROYED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.