Details for Benchmark: SK0885
N 47° 29.818 W 094° 54.848 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BELTRAMI county, MN View Original Datasheet
- STAUDINGER AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by MNDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1980 (DKH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 1/2 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE TOWN OF BEMIDJI, IN THE NE 1/4 OF SECTION 6, T146N, R33W, IN THE NORTHWEST QUADRANT OF THE JUNCTION OF TRUNK HIGHWAY 71 AND TRUNK HIGHWAY 2.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF TRUNK HIGHWAY 71 AND OLD TRUNK HIGHWAY 2 IN THE NORTH PART OF BEMIDJI, GO WEST ON TRUNK HIGHWAY 2 FOR 1.75 MILES TO THE NEW JUNCTION OF TRUNK HIGHWAY 71 AND THE STATION IN THE NORTHWEST QUADRANT.
THE STATION MARK, A STANDARD MNDT AZIMUTH MARK DISK STAMPED---STAUDINGER 1980---, IS SET IN THE TOP OF A 12 INCH ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT PROJECTS 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. THE MARK IS 96.6 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTHBOUND LANE OF TRUNK HIGHWAY 71, 118.5 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE WESTBOUND LANE OF TRUNK HIGHWAY 2, 3.5 FEET EAST OF A RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, AND 2.6 FEET EAST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST.
A STEEL ROD SET IN THE CONCRETE MONUMENT MAKES THE MARK MAGNETIC.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.