Details for Benchmark: SP0396
N 47° 59.051 W 105° 58.319 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MCCONE county, MT View Original Datasheet
- T26N R45E SECS 19 30 CC
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by USGLO (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GOVERNMENT LAND OFFICE 1948 (FXP)
LOCATED ABOUT 6 MILES SOUTHWEST OF OSWEGO, ON LAND OWNED BY CLIFFORD WOLFE, 70 FEET NORTH OF THE APPROXIMATE CENTERLINE OF A TRACK ROAD, 60 FEET WEST OF A RAVINE AND IS THE SECOND G.L.O. DISK SOUTH OF THE EDGE OF A BLUFF. IT IS A G.L.O. DISK STAMPED T 26 N S25 R 44 E S19 CC S30 R 45 E 1946 ON THE TOP OF A 2-INCH IRON PIPE THAT PROJECTS 12 INCHES. IT IS LOCATED BY TRAVERSE FROM TRIANGULATION STATION AMELIA POE (MO. R.C.) AND THE DISTANCE WAS FOUND TO BE 172.626 METERS OR 566.36 FEET.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE SOUTH BANK OF THE MISSOURI RIVER AT THE FERRY CROSSING (APPROXIMATELY 2-1/4 MILES SOUTH OF OSWEGO), GO SOUTH FOR 2.2 MILES. THEN RIGHT, WEST, FOR 5.2 MILES. THEN SHARP LEFT, SOUTHERLY, ON A WINDING TRACK ROAD FOR 1.45 MILES TO THE TOP OF A PLATEAU. THEN LEFT, EAST, FOR 0.25 MILE TO THE MARK AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1992.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.