Details for Benchmark: SQ0095
N 47° 14.500 W 106° 17.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GARFIELD county, MT View Original Datasheet
- G 263
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1965
34.6 MI SE FROM JORDAN. ABOUT 26.8 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 20 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT JORDAN, THENCE 7.8 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 258, 0.5 MILE SOUTHWEST OF THE WHITESIDE RANCH HOUSE, ON THE CREST OF A HILL, IN SECTION 7, T. 17 N., R.43 E. 360 FEET NORTH OF THE JUNCTION WITH THE ROAD TO THE RANCH, 53 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 12 FEET SOUTH OF A TELEPHONE POLE, IN LINE WITH A ROW OF POLES, ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE ROAD, AND IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.