Details for Benchmark: SQ0098
N 47° 12.567 W 106° 16.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GARFIELD county, MT View Original Datasheet
- K 263
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||kayakbird found SQ0098
Only WP on this reach.
13 SEPT 2012 Doing NGS recoveries and just noticed that the 1935 date was ground off and over-stamped with 1960!! Snooping around in GSAK I see where a CGS crew did a 151 and a 154 string nearby in 1960. Did they decide to have a little fun with the guy, or did they forget to do a RESET??
This entry was edited by kayakbird on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 at 03:26:12 UTC.
This entry was edited by kayakbird on Thursday, 13 September 2012 at 15:41:08 UTC.
This entry was edited by kayakbird on Thursday, 13 September 2012 at 16:00:03 UTC.
This entry was edited by kayakbird on Thursday, 13 September 2012 at 16:13:32 UTC.
This entry was edited by kayakbird on Monday, 23 November 2015 at 19:41:52 UTC.
SQ0098-K 263 1935-4601
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1965
37.2 MI SE FROM JORDAN. ABOUT 26.8 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 20 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT JORDAN, THENCE 10.4 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 258, IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF SECTION 19, T 17 N, R 43 E, 0.1 MILE NORTH OF A CHURCH, 80 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A CEMETERY, 101 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 45 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF A TRACK ROAD LEADING WEST, 110 FEET NORTHWEST OF AND 6 FEET LOWER THAN THE CROSS-ROAD, 11 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF A POWER POLE, 1 1/2 FEET EAST OF A FENCE, 1.0 FOOT WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, AND IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 7 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.