Details for Benchmark: SQ0270
N 47° 42.583 W 107° 11.683 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In VALLEY county, MT View Original Datasheet
- CANYON AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
59.2 MI S FROM GLASGOW. 9.4 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 22 FROM THE GREAT NORTHERN RAILWAY STATION AT GLASGOW, THENCE 3.1 MILES SOUTH ALONG A GRADED DIRT ROAD, THENCE 41.5 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG A GRADED DIRT ROAD, THENCE 2.4 MILES SOUTH ALONG A GRADED DIRT ROAD, THENCE 2.8 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG A TRAIL. 0.25 MILE NORTHWEST OF A DRY WASH CROSSING AT THE HEAD OF A ROCKY RAVINE LEADING NORTHEAST, 16.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRAIL, 4.1 FEET EAST OF A REFERENCE POST AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTIONG 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.