Details for Benchmark: SQ0364
N 47° 27.417 W 107° 52.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PHILLIPS county, MT View Original Datasheet
- T 277
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||kayakbird posted a note for SQ0364
Looks like the L/L was scaled off an aerial photo showing Fort Peck Reservoir at full pool - 300 ft north of the current 2225.45 elevation; and I'm estimating at least 1/4 mile north of its actual location. Moot point, unless you want to go diving.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
0.1 MI N FROM MUSSELSHELL FERRY. 0.1 MILE NORTH ALONG A ROAD LEADING TO THE WILDER-LEGG ROAD FROM MUSSELSHELL FERRY, PHILLIPS COUNTY, ON THE NORTHEAST BANK OF MISSOURI RIVER, 400 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE FERRY LANDING, 15 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, AND 8 FEET SOUTH OF A TWIN COTTONWOOD TREE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED T 277 1935 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- MARK UNDER WATER.
|01/01/1965 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1965
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.