Details for Benchmark: SQ0435
N 47° 31.833 W 107° 53.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PHILLIPS county, MT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
3.5 MI W FROM LEGG. 3.5 MILES WEST ALONG THE WILDER ROAD FROM LEGG, PHILLIPS COUNTY, 2.7 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE MUSSELSHELL FERRY ROAD. AT THE JUNCTION OF A T-ROAD, 70 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A GATE, AND AT THE NORTHEAST-SOUTHWEST FENCE. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD CAP, STAMPED MALTA 2335 AND RIVETED ON THE TOP OF A 3-1/2-INCH IRON PIPE. NOTE-- 4 MILES SOUTH OF THE LOCKE RANCH TO THE TOWNSHIP 21 AND 22 NORTH LINE. THERE IS A FENCE ON THIS LINE AND THE BM IS 320 FT WEST OF A GATE ON THE ROAD TO THE LOCKE RANCH TO THE UL BEND ON THE MISSOURI RIVER.
|01/01/1965 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1965
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.