Details for Benchmark: SQ0437
N 47° 29.350 W 107° 53.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PHILLIPS county, MT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||kayakbird couldn't find SQ0437
Should be just above today's water surface, but likely washed out or silted over by beach erosion.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
3.0 MI N FROM MUSSELSHELL FERRY. 3.0 MILES NORTH ALONG A ROAD LEADING TO THE WILDER-LEGG ROAD FROM MUSSELSHELL FERRY, PHILLIPS COUNTY, 5.8 MILES SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF THE WILDER-LEGG ROAD, AND 36 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD CAP, STAMPED MALTA 2228 AND RIVETED ON THE TOP OF A 3-1/2 INCH IRON PIPE. NOTE-- MARK UNDERWATER.
|01/01/1965 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1965
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.